Presented by the Global Gaming Expo (G2E), the CEA’s are the official awards exclusively honoring outstanding artists, executives and venues in the casino entertainment industry.
Comedian Bill Engvall was named Casino Comedian of the Year and musical artists The Commodores were named Casino Musical Artists of the Year at the awards ceremony at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino as part of the G2E conference and trade show for the worldwide casino industry.
Platinum recording artists The Righteous Brothers and casino nightlife Victor Drai were honored with Casino Entertainment Legend awards, which recognize lifetime achievement in the casino entertainment industry.
Other CEA recipients included:
- Legends in Concert received the CEA for Casino Production Show of the Year.
- Hard Rock Live at Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park was named Showroom/Theater of the Year.
- Battery Park at Hard Rock Sioux City received the Casino Arena/Amphitheater of the Year award.
- Monica Reeves, Director of Entertainment, Station Casinos, was named Casino Entertainment Executive of the Year.
- Scott Thomas, CEO, Buzz Entertainment, was named Independent Talent Buyer of the Year.
- Seth Shomes, Vice President and Head of the Casino Division at United Talent Agency, was named Casino Booking Agent of the Year.
About Global Gaming Expo (G2E)
Global Gaming Expo (G2E), presented by the American Gaming Association (AGA) and organized by Reed Exhibitions, is the largest gathering of global, commercial and tribal gaming professionals in North America. The event showcases the latest developments in gaming technology and features new educational content that is fast – paced and actionable. Attendees will experience firsthand the new products and innovative technologies showcased on the expo floor. G2E has everything you need for your casino floor and across your entire operation – from traditional casino fare to non-gaming amenities and digital products – G2E is where business growth is accelerated.
About American Gaming Association (AGA)
The American Gaming Association is the premier national trade group representing the $261 billion U.S. casino industry, which supports 1.8 million jobs in 40 states. AGA members include commercial and tribal casino operators, suppliers and other entities affiliated with the gaming industry. It is the mission of the AGA to achieve sound policies and regulations consistent with casino gaming’s modern appeal and vast economic contributions.