AUSTRALIA (CelebrityAccess) A man has died and two other were taken to the hospital because of suspected drug overdoses after attending the Lost Paradise Music Festival in New South Wales, Australia.
The 22-year-old man was rushed to a hospital in Gosford on Saturday but died a short time later, police told the Australia Associated Press. A man and a woman remain in the hospital after ingesting an unknown substance at the event. Drugs had been found in the stuffing of a barbecue chicken at the festival, according to the report.
Police said there was determination on the part of several festival attendees to sneak substances into the festival, which touted itself as drug-free. Durges were put into false compartments within Vegemite jars and inserted into the stuffing of a barbecue chicken, NSW police Acting Superintendent Rod Peet told reporters on Sunday.
More than 180 people and 97 vehicles were searched during a police drug god operation at the festival. A 21,-year-old man was charged after allegedly being found with 105 MDMA pills, and another man was charged after allegedly being caught with 80 MDMA pills and 65 bags of cocaine.
The four-day festival, which had 11,000 attendees, featured acts like The Kooks, M.I.A and Joey Bada$$.