50 Dead, More Than 400 Injured At Las Vegas Concert Shooting

LAS VEGAS (Hypebot) – More than 50 are dead and 400 injured after a shooting during a concert at the Route 91 Harvest Festival on Sunday night, Las Vegas police reported Monday morning. Police say they killed the alleged gunman, Stephen Paddock, 64, at a hotel overlooking the concert. It is the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.

Country superstar Jason Aldean was on stage before a sold out crowd for the final concert at the Route 91 Harvest Festival on the Las Vegas strip Sunday night when automatic gunfire rang out from a nearby hotel window. The attack left at least 50 dead and 400 injured, according to Las Vegas authorities.

Police shot and killed the alleged gunman, Stephen Paddock, age 64; and said that they have located a female person of interest described as the shooter's “companion” and “roommate.” One off-duty Las Vegas officer died, another is in critical condition, and a third sustained minor injuries, Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said at a news conference Monday morning. Off-duty police officers from other jurisdictions were also killed or wounded during the attack.

Now in its fourth year, the Route 91 Harvest Festival is a joint promotion of Live Nation and MGM Grand Resorts. All 25,000 tickets had been sold for the three day event held across Las Vegas Boulevard from MGM's Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino. The shooter opened fire from the 32nd floor of that hotel.

Aldean, his band and crew escaped injury during the attack. The country superstar took to social media calling for prayers for those involved. "Tonight has been beyond horrific. I still don't know what to say but wanted to let everyone know that Me and my Crew are safe," he wrote on instagram. "My Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved tonight. It hurts my heart that this would happen to anyone who was just coming out to enjoy what should have been a fun night."