No Porn Charges For Music Star

Detectives have dropped an internet porn investigation involving the frontman of dance music stars Massive Attack.
Robert Del Naja – known to fans as 3D – was arrested last month as part of Operation Ore, the international crackdown on child pornography.

Computer equipment seized from him by police in his home city of Bristol has now been returned.

Avon and Somerset police informed the musician's management on Friday that Mr Del Naja will not face charges.

Drug allegation

He is currently in Japan where he is performing with the band.

A police statement said: "A man in his 30s from Bristol, who was arrested on 25 February, has been released without charge in relation to internet pornography offences due to insufficient evidence.

"He is still on police bail in relation to allegations of possession of a controlled drug."

At the time of his arrest Mr Del Naja said: "I have never looked at child pornography in my life.

"I am fully co-operating with the police and I would ask everyone not to judge me prematurely.

"I have total faith in the justice system."

Massive Attack were pioneers of dance music in the 90s and are currently in the charts with their fourth album 100th Window.

Their first and best-known hit was Unfinished Sympathy and other chart successes have included Protection and Teardrop.

Mr Del Naja has recently been involved in an anti-war campaign, teaming up with Damon Albarn of Blur to pay for a series of music paper advertisements.

Related Post