MIAMI (CelebrityAccess) — ShipRocked concluded its sold-out seventh voyage on January 22, 2016 after four days and nights of rock ‘n’ roll revelry onboard Norwegian Pearl, led by headliners Five Finger Death Punch along with Seether, Halestorm, Hellyeah and more. ShipRocked celebrated “Lucky #7” with close to 3,000 guests (nearly all of whom managed to snap a selfie with Halestorm drummer Arejay Hale), more than 20 bands, an all-day beach party in Costa Maya, Mexico, and a packed schedule of theme nights, artist-hosted activities and meet and greets. Staterooms for ShipRocked–The Ultimate Rock ‘N’ Roll Cruise–sold out more than seven months in advance.
Halestorm got ShipRocked 2016 off to an appropriately raucous start with their ShipRocked debut on the Monster Energy Deck Stage as Norwegian Pearl sailed from Port Of Miami on Monday, January 18. Festivities came to an unofficial close on Thursday night with back-to-back theater shows by headliners and ShipRocked veterans Five Finger Death Punch, while ShipRocked’s own all-star band The Stowaways held court at midship with a rotating cast of special guests and a set of familiar rock and metal classics that stretched into the early hours of Friday morning.
In between, guests could see over 40 performances on four stages from a lineup that included Five Finger Death Punch, Seether, Halestorm, Hellyeah, 10 Years, Nonpoint, Helmet, We Are Harlot, Red Sun Rising, Like A Storm, Avatar, Islander, ’68, The Glorious Sons, Stitched Up Heart, Children 18:3, The Dead Deads, Biters, The Standstills, Doll Skin, plus ‘80s cover band Rubix Cube, Java Monster Mornings with Tim “Ripper” Owens, all-star band The Stowaways, afterhours parties with DJ Lippy Rage, and live tapings of The SDR Show with Ralph Sutton.
The annual onboard Cancer Sucks! charity auction raised nearly $100,000, to be donated to Gateway For Cancer Research in memory of the late Lemmy Kilmister. The annual auction features one-of-a-kind rock memorabilia from current and past ShipRocked bands and more.
ShipRocked all-star band The Stowaways featured David Ellefson (Megadeth); Marcos Curiel and Wuv Bernardo (P.O.D.); John Tempesta (The Cult, Motor Sister); Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal (Bumblefoot, Guns N’ Roses); Jonny Hetherington and Tavis Stanley (Art of Dying); Lukas Rossi, Josh Newell, and Miles McPherson (The Halo Method); Carly Smithson (We Are The Fallen); Dave Buckner (ex-Papa Roach); Oli Herbert (All That Remains); Joey Duenas (Anew Revolution, ex-Unloco); and various special guests.
Highlights from The Stowaways’ two performances included:
• “Hunger Strike” (Temple Of The Dog): David Ellefson (bass), Oli Herbert (guitar), Miles McPherson (drums), Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal (guitar), plus guest vocalists Lzzy Hale of Halestorm and Meta Dead of The Dead Deads
• “Hello” (Adele): Miles McPherson (drums), Josh Newell (bass), Lukas Rossi (vocals), Tavis Stanley (guitar), plus guest Hella Dead (keyboards) of The Dead Deads
• “Vasoline” (Stone Temple Pilots): Tribute to the late Scott Weiland with Wuv Bernardo (drums), Marcos Curiel (guitar), Jonny Hetherington (vocals) and Shaun Smith (bass)
• “Peace Sells” (Megadeth): David Ellefson (bass), Oli Herbert (guitar), Tyler Hughes (guitar), John Tempesta (drums), plus guest vocalist Tim “Ripper” Owens
• “For Whom The Bell Tolls” (Metallica): Oli Herbert (guitar), Josh Newell (bass), Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal (guitar), plus guests Robb Rivera of Nonpoint (drums – Wednesday night), Arejay Hale of Halestorm (drums – Thursday night) and Tim “Ripper” Owens (vocals)
• “Ace Of Spades” (Motörhead): The entire Stowaways band paid tribute to the late Lemmy Kilmister for this Wednesday night finale, led by David Ellefson (bass), Oli Herbert (guitar), Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal (guitar), John Tempesta (drums), with guests Chad Gray of Hellyeah and Robb Rivera of Nonpoint on additional percussion
Other highlights from ShipRocked 2016 included:
Even before boarding Norwegian Pearl, ShipRockers stayed to their “Rock Hard. Vacation Harder,” mantra, packing The Clevelander in Miami’s iconic South Beach for the Official ShipRocked 2016 Pre-Party on Sunday, January 17. The party included performances by The Dead Deads and Lukas Rossi, plus an unannounced acoustic set from Halestorm.
Here’s what the press are saying about their experience on ShipRocked 2016:
“…one of the biggest and baddest rock cruises sailing the high seas…”
–Liz Ramanand, Loudwire.com, January 24, 2016
“The cruise provides a unique experience for diehard rock fans to get up close and personal with their favorite bands on the high seas…These rock ‘n’ roll fans mean business.”
–Amy Harris, AXS.com, January 24, 2016