Update: NBC, TV Land Join Cosby Cancellations

NEW YORK (CelebrityAccess) — NBC, and vintage television purveyor TV Land have joined Netflix in pulling Cosby shows from their lineups. NBC scrapped a sitcom that had been in development, while TV Land announced that they would stop airing episodes of the "The Cosby Show" including a planned Thanksgiving marathon.

As previously reported in CelebrityAccess, Netflix announced on Tuesday that they were indefinitely postponing a planned comedy special "Bill Cosby 77" which was to premier on November 27th. Cosby's current comedy tour however, appears to be still on with the Comedian scheduled for dates into May.

News of the postponements came a day after model Janice Dickinson joined two other women in making rape allegations against Cosby. On Tuesday, Dickson claimed that Cosby provided Dickson with “wine and a pill” that made her black out and says she remembers being sexually assaulted by Cosby.

Two days prior to Dickson's claim, publicist Joan Tarshis made similar allegations against the comedian, alleging that he drugged and assaulted her in his home in 1969.

Another woman, Barbara Bowman, told the Washington Post last week that Cosby allegedly drugged and raped her multiple times when she was a 17-year-old actress in the late 1980s.

In 2004, Andrea Constand and 12 other women brought a civil suit against Cosby, with similar allegations. Cosby settled the suit under undisclosed terms in 2006.

Cosby has never been criminally charged in any of the alleged rape cases, nor has he offered public comment on the latest round of allegations, but his attorney, John P. Schmitt, issued a statement on the matter on Nov. 16th.

"Over the past several weeks, decade-old, discredited allegations against Bill Cosby have resurfaced. The fact that they are being repeated does not make them true. Mr. Cosby does not intend to dignify these allegations with any comment. He would like to thank all his fans for the outpouring of support and assure them that, at age 77, he is doing his best work. There will be no further statement from Mr. Cosby or any of his representatives," Schmitt said.– Staff Writers

Related Post