Dave Matthews Band Responds To Boyd Tinsley Sexual Harassment Allegations
Boyd Tinsley(By Kuba425 (Own work) / CC BY 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons)

Dave Matthews Band Responds To Boyd Tinsley Sexual Harassment Allegations

670 0


SEATTLE (CelebrityAccess) The Dave Matthews Band has responded to allegations made against former, longtime violinist Boyd Tinsley of sexual misconduct.

Seattle-based trumpeter James Frost-Winn claims that when he was part of Tinsley’s band Crystal Garden, Tinsley harassed him for a decade, prior to and including the time he played in the band from 2015 through 2016, when he quit. The allegations against the 54-year-old Tinsley include sexual assault, harassment and long-term grooming.

Frost-Winn, 28, filed a $9 million lawsuit in Washington state yesterday. Earlier today, the Dave Matthews Band issued the following statement:

“Though Boyd is no longer a member of the band, we are shocked by these disturbing allegations and we were not previously aware of them.”

Tinsley left the band Feb. 2, the same day that Frost-Winn’s legal representation sent a demand letter to him, according to Consequence of Sound. When the magazine published the allegations yesterday, DMB provided it with the following: “Boyd has been a member of the family since the band began and we want him to focus on his health and get better. We support his decision to do this and we’re sending positive thoughts his way.

Frost-Winn told CoS of several alarming incidents, notably when Tinsley allegedly touched him when he though Frost-Winn was sleeping then masturbated. He also provided the magazine with several alleged text conversations with Tinsley that are strongly suggestive.

Frost-Winn said the experience left him suicidal and with writer’s block, and lost his girlfriend because of it.

Tinsley is married with two children.

Related Post