Choosing the right keynote speakers for your conference is just as important as selecting the venue, promoting the event, picking the vendors and making sure every detail is taken care of.
That’s because a well-known speaker can significantly contribute to your event’s success. One way a top speaker can help your event is by using the influence they have on their communities to promote your event to their audience, in case this is something you’d like.
Also, they add value to your event by sharing their expertise and knowledge via an engaging keynote speech. The presentation will be the moment of your event everyone will look forward to.
Now that we’ve established your conference needs keynote speakers, it’s time to see how to find the best ones.
- Write Down What You Look for in a Speaker
You can’t start searching for something unless you have at least a slight idea of what type of keynote speaker you need.
Aside from the apparent aspects, such as charisma and experience as a speaker, you also need to list specific elements regarding what you’re looking for.
For example, if you’re organizing a conference on digital marketing, you want to make sure the keynote speaker has hands-on experience in this area. If you can find a professional speaker who owns his digital marketing agency, then you’ve hit the jackpot.
Aside from their background, you also want to think about the style of the presentation you’re looking for. It can be funny, motivational, inspirational, entertaining or more formal.
Whatever the case may be, the aspects you’ll include in this list will help you identify much more efficiently which speakers will fit your conference or not.
- Narrow Down Your Options
Once you’ve written down the characteristics of your ideal keynote speakers, it’s time to start the research phase. Here, you can start with Google, asking friends or colleagues for recommendations.
- Check the Speakers’ Background
After you have the initial list of keynote speakers, it’s time to see which ones will be an excellent fit for your conference.
How do you do that? You can:
- Take a look at the reviews they received. That way, you’ll know what type of events they’ve attended and whether people were pleased with their presentation.
- Find out more about their previous experience. This can include companies they’ve worked for/with; whether they have an entrepreneurial background, what skills define them or the style of presentations they go for.
- Watch a few videos of them performing on stage. Even though you can find out many things just reading reviews, watching videos with the speakers on stage can help a lot. Most of the time, you will feel their energy as they perform and it can click with you right away.
Source Keynote Speakers the Right Way
We’re confident these tips will help you find the right keynote speakers for your conference, and it will make the process of selecting them as efficient as possible.