WATKINS GLEN, NY (CelebrityAccess) — Organizers for the Woodstock 50 anniversary concert have issued a statement on the postponed on sale date for the event.
In a statement released on Thursday, festival organizers said: “Woodstock 50 has delayed its on sale while we refine logistical plans for what we anticipate will be an amazing festival.”
The statement added, “Ticket on sale information will be available through Woodstock.com in the coming days.”
According to Variety, sources with knowledge of the situation said that the delay is due to the late submission of the festival’s mass gathering permit.
Tim O’Hearn, the administrator for New York’s Schuyler County, where the festival is to take place, told Variety that the permit was several weeks later than officials had hoped for. O’Hearn also noted that the projected attendance for the festival had been lowered from more than 100,000 to 75,000.
However, Variety also reported that the headlining artists for the festival have been paid in advance.
The festival’s lineup includes The Killers, Miley Cyrus, Santana, Dead & Co, Chance The Rapper, Jay-Z, Imagine Dragons, The Lumineers, and Sturgill Simpson, among others.