Apparent Suicide Bomber Targets German Festival


ANSBACH, Germany (CelebrityAccess) — A 27-year-old Syrian man was killed and dozen people were wounded in an apparent suicide bomb attack outside of a German music festival on Sunday.

According to Der Spiegel, the blast occured outside of the Ansbach Open festival near a wine bar in the Bavarian city 90 miles northwest of Munich. The alleged attacker had reportedly attempted to enter the festival, but was denied when he could not produce a ticket.

Following the blast, approximately 2,500 people were evacuated from the festival grounds and the remaining events for the third day of the event were canceled.

The alleged suicide bomber, 27-year-old Syrian, had been refused asylum by Germany and was slated to be deported to Bulgaria, German authorities said.

“At present we assume it is not an accident,” a spokesman for the Bavarian interior minister told reporters. – Staff Writers