LOS ANGELES (CelebrityAccess) — After a chaotic weekend that saw him walk off stage after just three songs during his show in Sacramento and cancel Sunday night's concert at the Forum in LA just hours before curtain call, rapper Kanye West has canceled the remaining dates of his Saint Pablo Tour.
The weekend started with Kanye's Saturday night show at the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento when, after performing just a few songs, he went on a long tirade about the radio industry, the media and politics.
He also took the opportunity to level criticism at Beyonce and Jay Z, suggesting that Beyonce would only agree to play the MTV Awards if she was given the video of the year prize.
“I’ve been sent here to give y’all my truth, even at the risk of my own life,” West told the crowd. “At the risk of my own success. I’ll give y’all the truth. Jay Z, call me, you still ain’t called me.… Jay Z, I know you got killers. Please don’t send them at my head. Just call me. Talk to me like a man.”
Throughout the diatribe, Kanye made allusions to President Elect Donald Trump and his penchant for blunt communication, often drawing boos from the increasingly restive audience who seemed eager for him to perform.
However, instead of returning to music after the rant, Kanye ended the show, stating:
“Get ready to have a field day, press, because the show’s over,” West said, dropping the hot microphone onto his floating platform.
Then, on Sunday, just three hours before the concert was due to start, a rep from the venue tweeted: "Tonight's show has been canceled. Refunds at point of purchase." The show had been intended as a makeup date Kanye fans who attended his Nov. 3 concert at the Forum that was cut short due to vocal issues.
After canceling the Sunday night show, West went on to pull the plug on the remaining 21 dates of the tour without offering a reason for the cancellation.