LOS ANGELES (CelebrityAccess) — 20th Century is sure to be glad with their decision on the making of ‘Deadpool,’ as many of the big studios passed, as it remains on the top of the box office for the third week in a row.
comScore's Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, "Fox's 'Deadpool' makes it three for three at the top of the global box office as it adds another $71 million this weekend and thus brings its total to an incredible $609.7 million. Lionsgate's epic fantasy adventure, 'Gods of Egypt' made its debut on the global stage and drew $38.2 million in 68 international territories plus North America. China's record-breaking 'Mei Ren Yu' (The Mermaid) adds an additional $28.7 million for a whopping $487 million to date."
Top ten domestic movies:
1. Deadpool – 20th Century Fox – $31.5M
2. Gods Of Egypt – Lionsgate – $14.0M
3. Kung Fu Panda 3 – 20th Century Fox – $9.0M
4. Risen – Sony – $7.0M
5. Eddie The Eagle – 20th Century Fox – $6.3M
6. Triple 9 – Open Road – $6.1M
7. How To Be Single – Warner Bros. – $5.2M
8. Witch, The – A24 – $5.0M
9. Race – Focus Features – $4.3M
10. Revenant, The – 20th Century Fox – $3.8M