NEW YORK (CelebrityAccess MediaWire) — Ticket Summit 2009 is ready to roll in New York City. Set to take place in New York City, this year's event will see more than 600 industry professionals descend on the Waldorf-Astoria for the largest event of its kind for the secondary ticketing industry.
Representatives from the NHL, the NBA, NFL, eBay and StubHub will be on hand at the event in addition to a panoply of professionals on the leading-edge of the industry who will address evolving issues germane the ticket industry.
Among the scheduled speakers at this year's summit:
* Leonard Gordon from the Federal Trade Commission, who will address identity theft and info-hacking
* Maureen Anderson from INTIX, who will highlight how organizations like INITX are leading the next wave of innovations in the ticketing industry
* Gretchen Shugart of TheaterMania.com will provide her expertise on the integral role secondary tickets play in the theater industry
* Greg Bettinelli of Live Nation will offer his perspective on the continual evolution of the secondary ticket market
* Joe Freeman of Ticketmaster will address the Legislative Education & Advocacy Issues session.
"The evolving nature of the secondary ticket business and the high demand for a forum addressing current industry issues compelled us to launch a New York conference targeting theater, sports and entertainment professionals based on the east coast and Europe," said Don Vaccaro, CEO and founder of TicketNetwork "We are pleased to host an elite gathering of key ticket industry decision makers at Ticket Summit 2009."
The conference is set to take place from January 6 – 8 at the Waldorf-Astoria in midtown Manhattan. The event is geared towards industry pros looking for networking opportunities and expanding their awareness of important trends in the business. For more information, check them online at: ticketsummit.org – CelebrityAccess Staff Writers