SAN ANTONIO, TX (CelebrityAccess) — Outlaw country music legend Willie Nelson announced that he’ll be resuming his North American tour in September after postponing a series of dates in August.
Nelson, who is 86, announced last week that he was pulling out of the dates due to suffering breathing difficulties.
Nelson’s return to the road was announced via a brief note on his Facebook page which said:
“Willie is resting and feeling better. The tour will resume on September 6 in Gilford, NH. Thanks to all the fans for the continued support!”
He also announced a November 15 performance at Billy Bob’s Texas.
In an interview with ABC affiliate KSAT’s Paul Venema, Nelson said “A lot of shows in a row and I’d been stuck on that bus. I couldn’t get off that bus so I felt like I was in jail and I wasn’t feeling good so I said ‘I think I’ll go home.’”
Then, after Venema inquired if Nelson had visited the doctor, the musician joked “Went to one yesterday and he said, ‘Don’t make any long-range plans'” before clarifying that his checkup went well except for breathing problems he has dealt with for years.