AUSTIN, TEXAS (CelebrityAccess) Authorities say they have arrested a 26-year-old man on charges of making a terroristic threat for emailing a bomb threat that led to the cancellation of a concert by The Roots at South By Southwest in Austin, Texas, March 17.
Austin city officials said in a new release March 18 that Trevor Weldon Ingram had been taken into custody and he is facing 10 years in prison.
Police said the threat was received at the venue Saturday afternoon but authorities did not find anything suspicious on site. However, two people have been killed and three injured in Austin this month because of three package bomb explosions.
The show was originally canceled by sponsor Anheuser-Busch.
“Due to a security concern, we have made the difficult decision to cancel tonight’s Bud Light x The Roots SXSW Jam,” Bud Light/Anheuser-Busch said in a statement. “After working proactively with SXSW, the Austin Police Department, and other authorities, Bud Light believes this is the best course of action to ensure the safety of our guests, staff, and artists, and appreciate your understanding. We are truly sorry to have to cancel the event, but we felt it was necessary to take all safety precautions.”
Due to a security concern we have made the hard decision to cancel tonight’s event. Your safety and the safety of all fans at SXSW is our most important priority.
— Bud Light (@budlight) March 18, 2018
“Uh, welp can’t say much but for those in Austin waiting in line to see us tonight,” wrote Roots drummer Questlove in a series of tweets that were deleted. “Tonight’s show has been cancelled. They’ll make official announcement but I’d rather save y’all the trouble of waiting in line.”
The Roots were expected to be joined by Ludacris, Dermot Kennedy and others.