COMSTOCK, NE (CelebrityAccess MediaWire) — The new organizers for the Comstock Music Series have been forced to postpone the events, which had been scheduled for early June, until later in the summer.
According to the North Platte Telegraph, the event's organizer, Jim Proskocil, was forced to postpone the event after a number of artists told him they'd need their fees paid up front behind bad experiences with the event's former promoter, Henry Nuxoll.
Nuxoll is currently facing a jury trial after allegedly writing bad checks to people who were owed money from his Comstock Windmill Festival and Comstock Rock festival.
Proskocil had taken over the property and had high hopes of reviving the festivals but is facing significant challenges to make that happen. With artist asking for their fees upfront and other expenses, the festival has cost him $100,000 more than he anticipated. He still has hopes of pulling the events off however.
"Donâ€™t be surprised if they're both in July," he told the Telegraph, but went on to caution that the odds of all the previously announced bands being there was "slim." While he is seeking sponsorship funding, he explained that "I'm not going to sign contracts until I can afford it."
He will apparently sell tickets to the event though and suggested that tickets may be available at the fest's website as early as next week. The dates for the Comstock country show are currently listed as July 10-13 and the rock show July 17-20. – CelebrityAccess Staff Writers