LONDON (CelebrityAccess) — Richard Dawkins has cancelled his upcoming tour of Australia and New Zealand after suffering a stroke.
According to The Guardian, management for the famed 74-year-old author, biologist and humanist said that the stroke was minor and that he had already returned from the hospital.
“On Saturday night Richard suffered a minor stroke, however he is expected in time to make a full or near full recovery,” the statement said. “He is already at home recuperating.
“This unfortunately means Richard will be unable to make his planned Australian and New Zealand tour. He is very disappointed that he is unable to do so but looks forward to renewing his plans in the not too distant future.”
Dawkins was due to start his tour at at the Sydney Opera House on February 28th, with additional dates in Brisbane, Melbourne, and the NZ festival in Wellington, New Zealand on March 4th. – Staff Writers