Flatley Sued Over ‘Celtic Tiger’ Premiere Pull-Out

(CelebrityAccess MediaWire) — Dance star and choreographer Michael Flatley is being sued by Czech concert promoters and faces criminal charges for pulling out of the official premiere of his new show Celtic Tiger, a lawyer announced on Friday.

Flatley, the driving force behind the hit Irish step-dancing show Lord of the Dance, was to open the new show on August 27th at Prague’s Strahov stadium.

The Prague-based promoters Pragokoncert are suing Flatley for pulling the concert. He claimed that he was unhappy with the safety of the venue.

“We are filing a criminal complaint with the police about Mr. Flatley’s incorrect behaviour. He has failed to turn up for meetings and failed to communicate with us,” Pragokoncert lawyer Radek Coufal told reporters.

The show premiere had already been rescheduled once.

Flatley released a statement on his website, saying that he regretted the original cancellation of the show, and confirmed that the show had again been cancelled because of safety concerns.

“Despite extensive negotiations with the promoter it has not been possible to reach an agreement,” the statement read. “The state structure was deemed unsafe and despite various attempts to remedy this with the promoter there was no alternative but to cancel the show.”

A Pragokoncert spokesperson, Blanka Bestalkova, insisted that all safety standards had been met.

“All safety requirements were met in full and we had the certificates to prove that. We have fulfilled our side of the contract,” she said. –by CelebrityAccess Staff Writers

Related Post