Netflix Cancels Cosby Special Following New Rape Claims

NEW YORK (CelebrityAccess) — Netflix announced that they have postponed the debut of a new Bill Cosby comedy special. The video streaming service did not announce a reason for their decision, but it comes amidst new rape accusations against the comedian from three women.

Netflix was to premiere "Bill Cosby 77" on November 27th, but announced their plans to postpone the debut the day after former supermodel Janice Dickinson alleged that Cosby drugged and raped her in 1982. On Tuesday, Dickson claimed that Cosby provided Dickson with “wine and a pill” that made her black out and says she remembers being sexually assaulted.

Two days prior to Dickson's claim, publicist Joan Tarshis made similar allegations against the comedian, alleging that he drugged and assaulted her in his home in 1969.

Another woman, Barbara Bowman, told the Washington Post last week that Cosby allegedly drugged and raped her multiple times when she was a 17-year-old actress in the late 1980s.

In 2004, Andrea Constand and 12 other women brought a civil suit against Cosby, with similar allegations. Cosby settled the suit under undisclosed terms in 2006.

Cosby has never been criminally charged in any of the alleged rape cases, nor has he offered offered public comment on the latest round of allegations, but his attorney, John P. Schmitt, issued a statement on the matter on Nov. 16th.

"Over the past several weeks, decade-old, discredited allegations against Bill Cosby have resurfaced. The fact that they are being repeated does not make them true. Mr. Cosby does not intend to dignify these allegations with any comment. He would like to thank all his fans for the outpouring of support and assure them that, at age 77, he is doing his best work. There will be no further statement from Mr. Cosby or any of his representatives," Schmitt said.– Staff Writers

Related Post