UFC Champ Conor McGregor Wanted For Questioning In Attack At Barclays Center

UFC Champ Conor McGregor Wanted For Questioning In Attack At Barclays Center

770 0


NEW YORK (CelebrityAccess) — Ultimate Fighting Championship superstar Conor McGregor is wanted for questioning by police in New York after he was alleged to have injured someone when he threw a hand truck at a bus at Barclays Center on Thursday.

According to the New York Times, a police spokeswoman Sophia Mason said McGregor, along with about 10 other individuals, entered the arena at 1:30 p.m. and “threw a hand truck at a bus, causing an injury to an individual on the bus.”  Mason told the Times that the injury appeared to be minor and she noted that McGregor was wanted for questioning in the incident, but no warrant had been issued.

Barclays Center was hosting a UFC Media Day, ahead of UFC 223, which is scheduled to take place at the arena on April 7th. McGregor is not on the card for UFC 223.

Dana White, the U.F.C. president, told ESPN that the injured individual was Michael Chiesa, who was transported to an area hospital with cuts on his face.

The police in New York were seeking to question Conor McGregor, the Ultimate Fighting Championship superstar after they alleged that he injured someone by throwing a hand truck at a bus at Barclays Center on Thursday.

McGregor, accompanied by about 10 others, entered the Brooklyn arena around 1:30 p.m. and “threw a hand truck at a bus, causing an injury to an individual on the bus,” Sophia Mason, a spokeswoman for the New York Police Department, said in an email. She described the injury as minor. McGregor was wanted for questioning, but no arrest warrant had been issued.

“They stormed the building, got down to the loading docks where the fighters were getting on buses and started to attack the buses with trash cans, dollies,” White told ESPN. “This is the most disgusting thing that has ever happened in the history of this company.”

Related Post