(CelebrityAccess) — Warner Bros. anti-superhero summer blockbuster Suicide Squad held on to the top spot, both in the US and internationally this week, bring its two week cumulative totals earnings to $465.4 million.
Universal Studio's animated Secret Life Of Pets also showed surprising staying power, coming in at number two internationally, with $48.8M over the weekend in all markets, and approaching more than $600 in cumulative box office.
Domestically, Sony's animated charcuterie comedy Sausage Party, which features voice work by Seth Rogen, Kristen Wiig and Edward Norton took the number two spot domestically, earning an estimated $36.2M for its debut weekend.
The top ten domestic films according to comScore's weekend box office estimates
1. Suicide Squad – Warner Bros. – $43.8M
2. Sausage Party – Sony – $33.6M
3. Pete's Dragon – Disney – $21.5M
4. Jason Bourne – Universal – $13.6M
5. Bad Moms – STX Entertainment – $11.4M
6. Secret Life Of Pets, The – Universal – $8.8M
7. Star Trek Beyond – Paramount – $6.8M
8. Florence Foster Jenkins – Paramount – $6.6M
9. Nine Lives – EuropaCorp – $3.5M
10. Lights Out – Warner Bros. – $3.2M