LOS ANGELES (CelebrityAccess) – The Scorch Trials the second installment of the YA Dystopian Trilogy ‘The Maze Runner’ bring Fox to the top of the Box office this week.
The fall season, said Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst for box-office data firm Rentrak, got off to a good start, with a wealth of options for moviegoers and well-reviewed releases that can play beyond opening weekend.
“It’s about that playability, the long-term conversation on social media that keeps people buzzing about ‘Sicario,’ ‘Black Mass’ and other films yet to come,” Dergarabedian said. “The moviegoing habit changes in the fall, not only how and when they go to the movies, but how they talk about the movies and for how long.”
Top ten domestic movies:
1. The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, $30.3 million ($43.3 million international)
2. Black Mass, $23.4 million
3. The Visit, $11.3 million
4. The Perfect Guy, $9.7 million
5. Everest, $7.6 million ($28.2 million international)
6. War Room, $6.3 million
7. A Walk in the Woods, $2.8 million
8. Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation, $2.3 million
9. Straight Outta Compton, $2 million
10. Grandma, $1.6 million