LOS ANGELES (CelebrityAccess) — As the Worldwide trend predicted, 20th Century Fox’s X-Men: Apocalypse flew higher than Angry Birds which dropped from number one to three this weekend. Not to be left behind, Alice Through The Looking Glass took the number two spot giving Disney a hundred million dollar return in week one of its release.
comScore's Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, "Fox's 'X-Men: Apocalypse' had another great weekend at the box office that was turbocharged by a $65 million North American debut for a combined worldwide weekend performance of $120.3 million and $250.8 million globally to date. Disney's high profile sequel, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' had a debut of $100.6 million this weekend in 44 territories around the world."
Top ten domestic box office:
1. X-Men: Apocalypse – 20th Century Fox – $120.3M
2. Alice Through The Looking Glass – Disney – $100.6M
3. Angry Birds Movie, The – Sony – $50.5M
4. Captain America: Civil War – Disney – $31.9M
5. Warcraft – Universal – $31.6M
6. Jungle Book, The – Disney – $14.3M
7. Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising – Universal – $13.6M
8. Money Monster – Sony – $10.9M
9. Nice Guys, The – Multiple – $9.2M
10. Wailing, The – 20th Century Fox – $5.3M