ANAHEIM, CA (CelebrityAccess) – The seventh annual She Rocks Awards took over the House of Blues Anaheim over the weekend to pay tribute to women from all corners of the music and audio industries.
Co-hosted by Lyndsey Parker and Christine Devine in association with the Women’s International Music Network (the WiMN), the gala celebration featured an array of honorees that including Terri Nunn, Lisa Loeb and Nita Strauss among countless others.
Featured performers included London/Belfast-based alternative rock-pop duo REWS, GRAMMY-nominated saxophone player Mindi Abair, The Voice alum Gigi Rich, vocalist Aiza, Nita Strauss who performed Queen’s “The Show Must Go On,” and Lisa Loeb who performed her #1 song “Stay,” alongside Canadian duo the Command Sisters.
Terri Nunn, celebrating Berlin’s 40th Anniversary this year, also performed her ‘80s breakthrough smash hit “Metro,” accompanied by Berlin keyboardist, Dave Schulz and the She Rocks House Band, Rock Sugah led by Divinity Roxx, while Laura Clapp performed the Macy Gray GRAMMY-Award winning hit, “I Try,” and Erika Ender performed her own version of the #1 hit she co-wrote, “Despacito.”
In addition, a Hall of Fame award was introduced this year by honoring Janis Joplin. Following an inspiring speech by Joplin’s sister, Laura Joplin, a medley of the late singer’s hits, “Me and Bobby McGee,” “Piece of My Heart,” and “Raise Your Hand” were performed by Orianthi, Vanessa Amorosi, Judith Hill, Emily Armstrong, Sarah Command, Mindi Abair and Rock Sugah.
“We were so honored to bring everyone together once again for an uplifting and communal event that celebrates the accomplishments of so many awesome women in the music and audio industry,” said the WiMN founder, Laura B. Whitmore. “The evening was made even more special by all the roof-raising performances that got our audience up out of their seats!”
The full list of 2019 honorees includes:
- Terri Nunn, lead singer of the iconic electro-pop band, BERLIN
- Macy Gray, GRAMMY Award-winning singer, songwriter, producer and actress
- Lisa Loeb, Platinum-selling, GRAMMY Award-winning singer-songwriter, touring artist and author
- Nita Strauss, acclaimed solo artist and guitarist for Alice Cooper
- Erika Ender, award-winning and chart-topping composer, singer, co-writer of the hit “Despacito”
- Dana DuFine, VP Global Content and development AEG Facilities
- Dale Krevens, vice president of Tech 21
- Lynette Sage, art director of Reverb
- Samantha Pink, director of business operations at JAM industries USA
- Terri Winston, executive director, Women’s Audio Mission
- Janet Bill Rich, Manage This Media
- Bonnie Gallanter, co-producer of the She Rocks Awards and owner of Muse Artist Management