Charlotte Church Says She Turned Down Inaugural Performance Offer


WASHINGTON D.C. (CelebrityAccess) — Welsh Singer-songwriter Charlotte Church has turned down what she claims was an offer to perform at one of Donald Trump’s inauguration events.

Church tweeted her decision to take a pass on the purported invitation on Wednesday, noting that Trump's event organizers should have done a better research job before making the offer.

"@realDonaldTrump Your staff have asked me to sing at your inauguration, a simple Internet search would show I think you're a tyrant. Bye💩💩💩💩," Church tweeted, concluding her remarks with several 'poo' emojis.

Church joins a growing list of artists who claim to have passed on invites to perform, or who have denied reports by the Trump camp that they were performing at Inaugural events, including Andrea Bocelli, Celine Dion, Elton John, Garth Brooks, Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Moby, and Lady Gaga.

Boris Epshteyn, director of communications for the Inaugural Committee, dismissed concerns about the strength of the lineup for the inauguration during an December interview with CNN.

"This is not Woodstock," Epshteyn told CNN. "It's not summer jam. It's not a concert."

So far, the apparently somewhat reluctant Rockettes and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir have been announced as performers. – Staff Writers