INDIO, Calif. (CelebrityAccess) A fire broke out today at the Coachella music festival in Indio, Calif., with footage showing the fire burning through a shower block at the festival’s campsite.
The fire caused panic with video footage showing a man telling festivalgoers to “back up, back up” with the burning mobile shower unit as a backdrop.
At least one person posted that there were a “couple of explosion sounds heard by us campers.”
couple of explosion sounds heard by us campers – luckily fire seems to be out pic.twitter.com/r2LofmUyj3
— 🍯 (@spxheda) April 13, 2019
Another said, “The explosion was about 60ft away from our tent … [In] all seriousness, this wasn’t a cool thing to wake up to. Took this as we ran away.”
Firefighters attended to the scene shortly after 2 a.m. Riverside County fire department tweeted, “Firefighters responded to reports of a mobile shower unit on fire. Upon arrival, the shower unit was fully involved, near center of venue.”
A half hour later, the fire department tweeted, “Mobile shower unit in lot eight storage area. Total of two trailers involved. One damaged, one destroyed. No reported injuries to fire personnel or civilians. Fire crews will remain on scene for one hour for overhaul.”
“My fiancé, Marcel Vigneron, and I have an RV in the corner area close to where the fire was. It all happened a few minutes after 2 a.m., and the flames got high quickly,” concertgoer Lauren Rae Levy told CNN. “We were told at one point we had to vacate the premises, but then we were told it was OK and we could stay.
“There are many firefighters around here, thankfully, so they were able to put it out quickly, thank goodness, but what a scare,” she added. “We were evacuated from our home in Malibu in November, so this shook me up, seeing fire so close again. The flames got high.”