LONDON (CelebrityAccess) — Organizers have announced that the legendary UK rock band The Who will be the Sunday night headliners at the festival, their first Glasto appearance since 2007.
The announcement confirms the news hinted at by Michael Eavis, who said the final headliners would be two British artists, apparently alluding to the two remaining core members of The Who — Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend.
“It’s great to be ending this part of a 50 year career at the most prestigious and respected music festival in the world. We’ll do our best to close this year’s event with a bang, unless of course the fireworks get wet," a spokesperson for the band said after the announcement.
The Who's Glastonbury gig comes at a cost though and the band was forced to cancel a sold out show in Paris that had been scheduled for the same day. The Who had been set to perform in Paris on both July 28th and 29th, but now will just play one show on June 30th. In addition, the band has moved a July 1 show in Amsterdam to July 2.
This years Glastonbury Festival will take place at Pilton, Somerset between June 24 – 28. – Staff Writers