LOS ANGELES (CelebrityAccess) — Disney-Marvel’s “Black Panther” continued to dominate at the box office, generating an estimated $65.7M in Nprth American, and $121.9M worldwide, over the weekend, according to figures compiled by comScore.
In just three weeks, “Black Panther” is closing in on one billion dollars in total revenue, and is now one of the top ten grossing movies in North American history.
20th Century Fox’s “Red Sparrow” took the #2 spot in domestic markets, generating $17.0M and came in at #3 worldwide, where it earned $43.5M. Starring Jennifer Lawrence, as a ballerina turned spy, the film is closing in in recouping its estimated production budget of $69 million on its opening weekend.
Other notable films in theaters include the Chinese-made “Operation Red Sea” which earned $62.9m this weekend in just eight territories and is closing in on the half a billion in cumulative revenue.
The top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, March 4, are below.
- Black Panther – Disney – $121.9M
- Operation Red Sea – Multiple – $63.0M
- Red Sparrow – 20th Century Fox – $43.5M
- Detective Chinatown 2 – Multiple – $32.9M
- Peter Rabbit – Sony – $24.3M
- Game Night – Warner Bros. – $19.1M
- Fifty Shades Freed – Universal – $14.1M
- Death Wish – Multiple – $13.9M
- Jolie Ch’tite Famille, Une – Pathé Distribution – $11.9M
- Shape Of Water, The – 20th Century Fox – $10.5M
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan – China Film Co. – $8.4M
- Monster Hunt 2 – Multiple – $8.3M
The top 12 domestic weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, March 4, are below.
- Black Panther – Disney – $65.7M
- Red Sparrow – 20th Century Fox – $17.0M
- Death Wish – MGM – $13.0M
- Game Night – Warner Bros. – $10.7M
- Peter Rabbit – Sony – $10.0M
- Annihilation – Paramount – $5.7M
- Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle – Sony – $4.5M
- Fifty Shades Freed – Universal – $3.3M
- Greatest Showman, The – 20th Century Fox – $2.7M
- Every Day – Orion Distribution Company – $1.6M
- 15:17 To Paris, The – Warner Bros. – $1.5M
- Shape Of Water, The – Fox Searchlight – $1.4M