MIAMI (CelebrityAccess) The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County, one of the largest PACs in the U.S., has named Johann Zietsman its CEO and president after an international search.
Zietsman, who will succeed John Richard who is stepping down at the end of the year, will assume the role in February.
“After a thorough and careful selection process, we’re delighted to have Johann lead the Arsht Center into a new era while conserving the center’s commitment for comprehensive community engagement,” said Ira D. Hall, chair of the center’s Trust Board of Directors. “Johann has built a reputation within the arts world as a fierce advocate of diversity and inclusion, from audiences to programming and staffing.”
Zietsman was CEO and president of the Arts Commons in Calgary, Alberta, for 10 years. He is the current chair of the Performing Arts Center Consortium and a member of the International Society for the Performing Arts.
“It’s an incredible opportunity to be able to lead an institution that values many of the same principles I’ve championed throughout my career, such as building access to the arts for all,” Zietsman said. “Although Miami and Calgary are two very different cities, they are similar in that they’re diverse and rich in culture — and that’s what excites me the most about accepting this new role.”
There are three main venues all of which can be rented for event space by the public:
- The Sanford and Dolores Ziff Ballet Opera House seats 2,400.
- The John S. and James L. Knight Concert Hall seats 2,200. Its stage extends into the audience and there is seating behind the stage for 200 additional spectators or a chorus. The orchestra level can be transformed into a “Grand Ballroom” with a festival floor configuration for dining and dancing for up to 850 people. The floor is installed over the seats.
- Carnival Studio Theater is a flexible black-box space designed for up to 300 seats.
In addition, there are two smaller multi-purpose venues:
- The Peacock Rehearsal Studio holds 270 people.
- Parker and Vann Thomson Plaza for the Arts is an outdoor social and performance space linking the two main houses across Biscayne Blvd.