NORMAN, OK (CelebrityAccess) — Country music legend Toby Keith and some friends staged a charity golf tournament and raised $1.3 million to help fund the construction and ongoing operation of OK Kids Korral, the cost-free home for families of children being treated at The Children’s Hospital at OU Medical Center.
The Toby Keith and Friends Sweet 16 Golf Classic took place at the end of May at the Belmar Golf Club in Norman, Oklahoma, with 55 golfing foursomes participating in the tournament.
The event also included the Denim & Diamonds Gala, at Riverwind Casino, which was attended by 800 people. Also on hand was Toby Keith, along with 12-year-old Emma Dray and her mother, Megan. Emma spoke to the audience, thanking them for giving her another family through their support of OK Kids Korral.
The Denim & Diamonds Gala featured a charity auction that included a variety of donated items and services such as:
1. Navy Seals Hunt – $60,000 (sold twice)
2. Don’t Let the Old Man In painting – $57,500 (original)
-Two prints @ $25,000 each
3. Lexus Champions for Charity golf experience – $47,500
4. OG of OC (VIP @ Toby Keith show with RHOC’s Vicki Gunvalson) – $40,000
5. Private performance by America’s Got Talent winner Darci Lynne – $27,500
6. 2019 Defender Side-by-Side – $27,500
7. Browning Golden Clays shotgun – $25,000
8. Dinner for four with NFL Hall of Famer Mike Ditka – $25,000
9. Clint Eastwood autographed piece – $20,000
10. Set day with Billy Bob Thornton – $20,000