(CelebrityAccess) — Warner Bros. Suicide Squad held on to the top spot for a third week in row, easily batting aside Paramount's remake of Ben Hur and earning an estimated $58.7 million worldwide for the weekend, according to data compiled by comScore.
The week's box office revenue pushes Suicide Squad above the $500 million mark worldwide with $572.7 million earned through this weekend.
Other notable entries on the chart include the disappointing $10.7 million international debut for the aforementioned attempted blockbuster 'Ben-Hur' which opened to sour reviews and $6.5 million earned in the international territories for another newcomer, Warner Bros.' comedy 'War Dogs.'"
The top ten grossing domestic movies for the weekend of August 21st, according to comScore
1. Suicide Squad – Warner Bros. – $20.7M
2. Sausage Party – Sony – $15.3M
3. War Dogs – Warner Bros. – $14.3M
4. Kubo And The Two Strings – Focus Features – $12.6M
5. Ben-Hur – Paramount – $11.3M
6. Pete's Dragon – Disney – $11.3M
7. Bad Moms – STX Entertainment – $8.1M
8. Jason Bourne – Universal – $8.0M
9. Secret Life Of Pets, The – Universal – $5.8M
10. Florence Foster Jenkins – Paramount – $4.3M