NEW YORK (CelebrityAccess) – Cuba Gooding Jr. is expected to appear in court on Tuesday (Sept. 3) after a judge denied his attorney’s motion to dismiss the groping case brought on against him.
Gooding, 51, is accused of misdemeanor forcible touching. A 29-year-old woman told police he grabbed her breast when she sat down next to him and his girlfriend at the Magic Hour Rooftop Bar and Lounge in midtown Manhattan on June 9.
The actor voluntarily surrendered to New York police for questioning in June and was released on his own recognizance. Gooding has since pleaded not guilty, insisting that “nothing happened.”
“There is not a scintilla of criminal culpability that can be attributed to Mr. Cuba Gooding Jr. after I have extensively, with my staff, reviewed the video of almost two hours which reflects the entire event,” Heller told reporters in June.
“I am totally confident that when a jury of Cuba Gooding Jr.’s peers assess all of the exculpatory evidence in this case, that he will be totally exonerated,” Heller added last month.