INDIANPOLIS (CelebrityAccess MediaWire) — State inspectors issued an order requiring that a temporary stage at Indianapolis Motor Speedway be replace just days ahead of planned events.
According to the The Indianapolis Star, the order was not due to failure to comply with new rules following last year's tragic Indiana State Fair stage collapse, but instead due to the stage's operators inability to provide documentation on weight and wind-bearing standards.
The problem was discovered and corrected on Wednesday and Thursday, a spokeswoman for the Indiana fire marshal's office told the Star.
Doug Boles, spokesman for the speedway said that the small stage had been custom-built, which was why it didn't have standard paperwork and that it proved to be quicker to simply replace the stage with commercial option.
The small stage had been located at Turn 4 and designed to hold a few people announcing activities on the track. – CelebrityAccess Staff Writers