Claudio Trotta's Barley Arts Promotion and Ferdinando Salzano's Friends & Partners have merged their companies and are producing their first official event together — The DANCE AWARD 2001 — on Dec 11 at Milan, Alcatraz, and broadcast on Italia1, national TV channel, Dec 12. The show is featuring Kylie Minogue, Vasco Rossi, Alcazar, French Affair, Planet Funk, Brooklyn Bounce, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Tiziano Ferro and others.
Trotta and Salzano's plans started taking shape after Salzano split from his 13-year partnership with Trident Agency and Maurizio Salvadori, and founded Friends & Partners. Salvadori recently sold Trident to Clear Channel Entertainment.
Barley Arts Promotion and Friends & Partners will shortly move to one office, though keeping their brands separate. They are already planning their work together in the following areas:
1. Tours of Italian acts including Pino Daniele, Litfiba, Tiziano Ferro, Ron, Francesco Renga, Alex Baroni, Niccolo'Fabi, Articolo 31, Gemelli Diversi, Neffa, Sottotono, Folder, Addiction, Mistonocivo and Mothership.
2. Tours of international acts including for early 2002: Train, Dream Theater, Pain of Salvation, The Strokes, The Chemical Brothers, Supertamp, Kylie Minogue and others.
3. Festivals such as Pistoia Blues Festival in Tuscany, Neopolis in Napoli, Free Music Festival in Rome Stadio Olimpico and Milan Stadio San Siro.
4. Corporate business with big enterprises like Coca Cola, Blu, Algida and others.
5. TV productions with LA7 (the brand new third national TV group),Italia 1 (Mediaset) and RAI 2 (RAI, state TV group).
More details on the companies' staff, business strategies, tours confirmations, events and future plans are forthcoming.