Prince's Croke Park Gig Cancelled

DUBLIN, Ireland (CelebrityAccess MediaWire) — Prince’s gig at Croke Park was billed as a 'greatest hits' tour and his last ever trip to Ireland.

Yet, 55,000 plus fans will be disappointed today after the scheduled Dublin concert on Monday June 16th was cancelled by, US pop star, Prince.

Promoters MCD accounted that "due to reasons beyond the control" of both Prince and MCD, the concert would not go ahead and the 55,161 ticket holders will be fully refunded according to Ireland.com.

Last year Prince sold out the 02 Arena with a 21 night run.

MCD said plans are under way to reschedule the concert for next year.

MCD had applied for a license to stage the event, as the stadium has planning permission for only three concerts a year. It has already hosted concerts by Celine Dion and Westlife, while Neil Diamond is due to play on Saturday, according to Ireland.com.

A Dublin City Council spokeswoman said the license was granted last Friday. –by CelebrityAccess Staff Writers

Related Post