LOS ANGELES (CelebrityAccess) — Unsurprisingly, Disney's Star Wars spin-off 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' topped the weekend box office on its worldwide debut weekend, according to estimates compiled by comScore.
The film, one in what promises to be an endless string of sequels and expansions of the popular Star Wars universe, grossed $155 million from North American theaters and $135.5 million in 54 international territories over the weekend.
The Matt Damon historical drama The Great Wall was a hit when it opened in China over the weekend, notching up and impressive $57.0M.
Office Christmas Party held on to the #3 spot this week, adding another $43.2M to its cumulative take.
The top 10 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, December 18, are below.
1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – Disney – $290.5M
2. Great Wall, The – Multiple – $57.0M
3. Office Christmas Party – Multiple – $43.2M
4. Moana – Disney – $27.2M
5. Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them – Warner Bros. – $19.5M
6. Collateral Beauty – Warner Bros. – $11.6M
7. Hacksaw Ridge – Unknown – $9.5M
8. Wasted Times, The – Multiple – $9.1M
9. La La Land – Lionsgate – $8.7M
10. Pandora – Next Entertainment – $7.6M