CINCINNATI, OH (CelebrityAccess) — The operator of the Cincinnati nightclub that was the scene of a mass shooting incident over the weekend announced that the venue would be closing down for good.
In a statement, club operator Julian “Jay” Rodgers said the venue would close its doors on Friday, the Associated Press reported
“Earlier this morning, Cameo received a notice to vacate the premises from the landlord and owner of the property,” Rodgers said. “Cameo notified the owner that although it had planned to move out in May due to the landlord’s planned sale of the property, it will instead voluntarily surrender possession of the property immediately.”
The club already had voluntarily surrendered its liquor license.
Rodgers decision likely sped up the inevitable. The club had developed a history of violent incidents, including a shooting inside the club on Jan. 1st, 2015 and one in the parking lot in September 2015. – Staff Writers