(Hypebot) — While nowhere near the 2,900% streaming bump the Grammys gave John Baptiste or the 600% bump it delivered Brandi Carlile, Weekend 1 of the Coachella Festival did signifigantly inscreae the stream of select artists
Artists that spiked on Spotify before and after Coachella:
- Streams of Damon Albarn increased by more than 200% on Sunday following Billie’s performance featuring Damon.
- Streams of Jamie xx increased by more than 160% on Saturday, ahead of his performance on Sunday.
- Streams of “The Good, The Bad and The Queen” increased by more than 150% on Sunday, after Billie Eilish cited the group as her favorite band during her performance.
- Nearly half of the group’s streams came from Spotify users age 18-30.
- Streams of Alec Benjamin increased by nearly 100% on Saturday, ahead of his performance on Sunday.
- Streams of TOKiMONSTA increased by nearly 100% on Saturday, following her performance on Friday.
- Streams of Phoebe Bridgers increased by nearly 60% on Saturday, following her performance on Friday night.
- Streams of Shania Twain increased by nearly 50% on Monday morning, following the artist’s surprise performance with Harry Styles over the weekend.
Tracks that spiked on Spotify before and after Coachella:
- Streams of “Man! I Feel Like a Woman!” by Shania Twain increased by nearly 100% on Monday, following her performance with Harry Styles over the weekend.
- Streams of “Payday” by Bando., Isaiah Rashad increased by more than 420% Saturday morning, ahead of Isaiah’s performance.
- Streams of “Freaky Deaky” by Tyga, Doja Cat increased by nearly 200% on Saturday, ahead of her performance on Sunday.
- Streams of “Kyle (I Found You)” by Fred again.. Increased by nearly 150% on Friday evening, ahead of his performance on Sunday.
- Streams of “Grow” by Conan Gray increased by more than 130% on Saturday evening, following his performance earlier in the day.
- Streams of “Moth to a Flame” by The Weeknd, Swedish House Mafia increased by nearly 100% on Sunday afternoon, ahead of their performance that evening.
*All data is from the U.S.; percentage increases measure streams on the day mentioned compared to that day the previous weekend.
Bruce Houghton is Founder and Editor of Hypebot and MusicThinkTank and serves as a Senior Advisor to Bandsintown which acquired both publications in 2019. He is the Founder and President of the Skyline Artists Agency and a professor for the Berklee College Of Music.