LOS ANGELES (CelebrityAccess) — Universal's sequel 'Bridget Jones's Baby' had a strong debut this weekend, taking home $38.1M from 39 territories along with the U.S. and Canada, according to estimates published by comScore.
The romantic comedy stars Renée Zellweger as Bridget Jones, who after becoming pregnant is unsure if Mark Darcy (Colin Firth, also reprising his role from previous 'Bridget Jones' films) or Jack Qwant (Patrick Dempsey) is the father.
Meanwhile, Warner Bros.' 'Sully' continues to land big grosses adding another $29 million globally this weekend and brings its total to $93.94 million to date.
The top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, September 18, are below.
1. Bridget Jones's Baby – Universal – $38.1M
2. Sully – Warner Bros. – $29.0M
3. Age Of Shadows, The (Mil Jeong) – Warner Bros. – $21.5M
4. Chinese Odyssey Part Three: The End, A – Multiple – $17.3M
5. Blair Witch – Lionsgate – $14.6M
6. Don't Breathe – Sony – $12.8M
7. Ben-Hur – Paramount Pictures – $11.5M
8. Secret Life Of Pets, The – Universal – $10.8M
9. Suicide Squad – Warner Bros. – $10.5M
10. S Storm – Multiple – $9.8M