A concert is never over until…the last lawsuit is filed and resolved. Almost a year after the Motley Crue/Megadeth/Anthrax concert at Sacramento Valley Amphitheater in Sacramento, Calif. last June 2, two men (Jeffrey Milani and Alan Clark, Jr.) say that they were injured in an altercation and are seeking unspecified damages. Milani was kicked unconscious during the attack, and Clark also was injured.
They have sued SFX Entertainment and Bill Graham Presents alleging they "negligently supervised, maintained, controlled, managed and operated the music concert."
The lawsuit says amphitheater security guards "negligently failed to protect their customers from a situation involving third persons who (the guards) knew, or in the exercise of reasonable care, should have known constituted a danger …"
Three men were charged in the beating incident. Justin D. Morris was sentenced to four years in prison in January after he pleaded guilty to a felony charge of assault with a deadly weapon causing great bodily injury. During his sentencing, Yuba County Superior Court Judge James Curry said the amphitheater attack had "zero provocation (and) zero justification."
Morris' twin brother Shane will be sentenced June 18 after he also pleaded guilty to assault with a deadly weapon. The other defendant, Charles Cockrum, goes on trial in July after a mistrial was declared during his trial last month.