(Hypebot) — Late last week Apple Music For Artists exited beta and became available to any artist with music on the platform. Since this is Apple’s overdue answer to Spotify For Artists, we wondered how the two platforms compared.
Veteran music marketer Jay Gilbert, the co-founder of Label Logic, has been using Spotify For Artists since it launched in 2017 and Apple Music For Artists since it entered beta earlier this summer. He offers this in-depth side by side comparison.
Spotify For Artists
- Spotify For Artists and Apple Music For Artists are both intended for artists and their
teams, not necessarily labels
- Spotify Analytics on the other hand, is intended for labels and partners with multiple-artist
- While Spotify For Artists has the most individual metrics, Apple Music For Artists has the
most flexibility for user-generated reports and comparisons
- Spotify For Artists supports its platform with greater artist page customizability.
- Spotify also sends out regular notifications about playlist adds and audience milestones