(HypeBot) — Pinterest is expanding the music catalog available to users of its TikTok-like short video feature “Idea Pins” via new licensing deals with Warner Music Group, Warner Chappell Music, Merlin, and BMG.
Pinterest’s existing royalty-free music library comes via 7Digital.
In addition to the expanded music catalog now available on iOS and Android, Pinterest also rolled out a new music user experience to make it easier to find and add tracks to Idea Pins. It gives users the ability to search for a track by song title, artist, or keyword.
How To Add Music And Audio to Pinterest Idea Pins
To add music to Idea Pins:
● Open Idea Pins
● Click on the music icon
● Search track
● Add track
In addition to adding music tracks to content, users can also tap a suite of existing publishing tools to make inspiring content:
● Video recording and editing for up to 20 pages of content
● Voice-over recording so creators can add their own personal voice
● Ghost mode transition tools (perfect for those before-and-afters!)
● Detail pages for instructions or ingredients
● Interactive elements like people tagging and stickers
● Multi-draft save so Creators can publish more ideas
● Export options to share content beyond Pinterest
● Topic tagging, a publishing feature that helps connect content to relevant interests