NEW YORK (CelebrityAccess MediiaWire) — The Bicycle Music Company has added several more acquisitions to its already robust music roster, including the portfolio of Dwight Yoakam, “Lonesome” Dave Peverett of Foghat, Night Ranger and Cy Curnin of The Fixx, as well as contemporary composers and performers Michael Brook and Josh Kelley.
“Bicycle Music is committed to its new, aggressive trajectory of acquisitions and media uses at a time when music publishers are more empowered than ever to work beyond their conventional role,” says Stephen R. Smith, chief executive officer. “Count on Bicycle Music to demonstrate its ability to increase the popularity of the standards in its catalog, and to nurture the hits of tomorrow. We’ve assembled a seasoned team of artist development and copyright management professionals, who understand that the ultimate potential value created by talent affiliated with our company is a process that unfolds over an enduring relationship between writer and publisher.”
The Bicycle Music Company catalog now encompasses more than 5,000 titles, from dozens of talented songwriters and performers, including:
· The country-pop classic and BMI Top 100 Song of the Century “Let Your Love Flow,” written by Larry Williams, popularized by the Bellamy Brothers and many others globally;
· Jack Blades (Aerosmith, Ozzy Osbourne, Cher, Damn Yankees);
· Jimmy Tamborello (Dntel, The Postal Service, Figurine);
· Jose Gonzalez (as a solo act and with Zero 7 and Junip);
· Dave Frishberg (Tony Bennett, Diana Krall, Jamie Cullum);
· Linus of Hollywood (Size 14, Kaela Kimura, Tim Burgess, The Charlatans);
· Ice Cube’s “You Can Do It” and “Roll All Day;”
· Hardcore/metal acts Hatebreed, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, and All That Remains;
· Larry Tee (RuPaul, Avenue D, Princess Superstar);
· Kool Keith (Ultramagnetic MCs, The Prodigy, Mike Patton and Peeping Tom); and
· Breakout bands The Classic Crime and A Change of Pace.
–Bob Grossweiner and Jane Cohen