Major Studios Scrap London Movie Premiers Over Security Concerns


LONDON (CelebrityAccess) — Universal has backed away from their plans for a premier of “The Mummy” in London, following the deadly terror attack earlier this week in Manchester.

In a statement released on Thursday, the studio said they were canceling the premier, which was scheduled to take place on June 1st.

“All of us at Universal have been devastated by the terror attack in Manchester and continue to stand with the community and country as it recovers. Out of respect to those affected by this tragedy we have decided not to move forward with the London premiere for ‘The Mummy’ scheduled to take place next week,” Universal’s statement said.

The cancellation adds the film's premier to a growing list of similar events that have been called off after the attacks. Earlier this week, Warner Bros. announced that the London premier for "Wonder Woman" had been canceled, and several touring artists, including Blondie and Take That have canceled upcoming shows.

British Prime Minister Theresa May has the country on high alert, suggesting that they have credible information that another attack on the United Kingdom may be imminent. – Staff Writers

Related Post