ORLANDO, FL (CelebrityAccess) — Live Nation's Ticketmaster division announced the signing of an extended multiyear partnership with Orlando City Soccer Club, that will see them serve as the ticketing partner for all live events at Orlando City Stadium.
Since implementing Ticketmaster Presence in March 2017, Orlando City SC has moved to a fully digital ticketing system saw a six-fold increase in mobile ticket entry, with 65% of event attendees at the stadium using mobile ticketing and the remaining 35% utilizing NFC-enabled paper smart tickets or season ticket member cards, the companies said.
As well, the stadium plans to deploy Ticketmaster's “tap and go” venue entry system through the renewed agreement.
As a part of the agreement, Orlando City Stadium will collaborate with Live Nation to expand its current slate of content offerings to include non-sports fare such as concerts and other live events at the stadium, the companies said.
“Orlando City SC’s partnership with Ticketmaster has revolutionized the way we do business, helping us to reach our goal of creating the best fan experiences on the ground,” said Chris Gallagher, Chief Revenue Officer, Orlando City SC. “Because of Ticketmaster’s technology, we can leverage the insights gleaned from our ‘smart stadium’ to better understand who’s entering the venue, what’s happening during an event and how we can use this information to improve fan engagement.”