LOS ANGELES (CelebrityAccess) In April 2014, Gary Goddard and his frequent film collaborator Bryan Singer, along with several other filmmakers, were sued by actor Michael Egan III, who alleged that they had sexually assaulted him when he was a minor, and had videotaped some of the assaults.
Egan withdrew his lawsuit against Goddard in June 2014; by August of that year, he had dismissed his lawsuits against all of the other defendants as well.
In the November 10th, 2017 issue of Medium, actor Anthony Edwards, now 55, wrote an essay in which he alleged that Goddard molested him and others as young children.
Five further former child actors have now come forward to accuse Goddard of molesting them or trying to molest them when they were children. All of the men spoke to The Los Angeles Times on Wednesday (Dec. 20th) to describe how Goddard abused them or attempted to in Santa Barbara in the 1970’s.
Four say they were abused by Goddard and one, Linus Huffman, said he had to rebuff the producer’s advances. Two other men – Bret Nighman and Mark Driscoll – also claim Goddard was predatory towards young boys.
It brings the total number of men who have accused Goddard of sexual misconduct to eight.
Goddard’s spokesman Sam Singer, who ‘unequivocally’ denied Edwards’ claims on his behalf last month, said the new accusations were based on hearsay and innuendo.