Organizing a business event is a great way to promote your services. It offers you the chance to make new connections and find prospects.
If you’ve already started planning, there’s one thing that surely concerns you. How will you stand out? What will make the audience remember you?
We want to help you out. Here are four ways to make your event unforgettable.
- Take Time for Proper Marketing
In day-to-day business, no matter what you plan, you need to stick to a strict timeline. That is also imperative when you organize your marketing strategy. Start promoting your event at least a month ahead of time.
There are countless ways to do it depending on your target audience. It’s needless to say that your social media page must be saturated with posts and updates.
Don’t forget to ask your current clients and partners to share these posts.
If you target a niche audience at your next business event, focus on custom messages.
Send out email invitations and newsletters stating the date and purpose of your event.
- Prepare Your Speech Thoroughly
Many business owners don’t master the art of public speaking. The essence of any public speech is engaging the public. Here are some tips to help you with your presentation:
- Don’t give unnecessary details.Don’t bore the audience with too much information. That is your chance to promote your business, but long speeches are usually ineffective. Just stick to the subject!
- Say a joke if your public seems to lose interest.It will also help you overcome the public speaking nervousness.
- Avoid clichéUsing clichés in your speech is a thing of the past, especially when you’re talking business. Make your presentation simple, clear and easy to follow. No need to add anything else.
- Give Participants a Tight Deadline
Nothing is more frustrating than a business event where no one shows up. Asking people to confirm their attendance is a must. Another tip that usually works out is creating a sense of urgency.
When you promote your event, give them a confirmation deadline. Make it tight. That will convince them to book sooner. If they’re required to buy a ticket, you can also offer a discount for early booking.
- Make Everyone Feel Comfortable at Your Business Event
The golden rule of any memorable event is making your public feel at ease while attending. That’s why a little courtesy is always appreciated. Your attitude towards your public has to combine professionalism with friendship.
You should try to engage with every single participant. Mingle as much as you can during breaks. If you can’t reach them all, involve your staff. Make sure none of your guests is alone.
If you want to make things more interesting, spice up your event. Introduce a short, entertaining moment. Lighten the mood with an comedian.
We hope now you feel more confident and willing to apply these new tips. Get together with your staff and share what you’ve just learned.