Find tour dates and live music events for all your favorite bands and artists in your city! Get concert tickets, news and more!

FanDoodle Pays Fans To Sell Music

STAMFORD, CT (Hypebot) – enables fans to distribute downloads for artists and labels and get paid for it. Unlike the Burnlounge pyramid scheme, which I understand finally went out of business, FanDoodle is straight forward and artist friendly.

Once music has been uploaded, fans place banner code or text links in their emails, websites, MySpace or Facebook pages, blogs, or forums. When someone purchases a download, the fan keeps 20%. While the ability to distribute downloads is not new, the ability to…

instantly distribute them in partnership with their fans is. Potentially, an artist or label can sell music through thousands of distribution points rather than just a handful. It's $9.95 for set-up and artists receive 60% of sales. Fans and FanDoodle split the remaining 40%. Not a bargain but comparable to what most indie acts receive after iTunes and a distributor take their cut.

INDUSTRY READERS: FanDoodle is interested in exploring partnerships with companies related to the media industry, in particular those that deal with musical Artists. Please contact
with inquiries.