NEW YORK (Hypebot) –
Fast Company business magazine has named its Most Innovative Companies Of 2010 including 10 in music.
1. Spotify – North America is still waiting.
2. Apple Corps – The Beatles, not Steve Jobs.
3. Man Made Music – Joel Beckerman connecting sounds with brands.
4. Vevo – Fast Company says, "Vevo is on its way to becoming the Hulu of music videos."
5. Antares Audio Technologies – The Auto-Tune folks.
6. Third Man Records – The Jack White empire.
7. Beats by Dr. Dre – The partnership between Monster, Interscope Geffen A&M Records chairman Jimmy Iovine, and Dr. Dre made giant studio-quality headphones a fashion accessory.
8. Ticketfly – The concert ticket service uses software pioneered in the hedge-fund industry to let groups of friends buy tickets together.
9. Insomniac Productions – Electric Daisy Carnival annual electronica festival in L.A. that grew to 135,000 in 2009.
10. Playdar – This open-source app looks for tracks on the Web and the users hard drives and pulls them together in a single jukebox.