LOS ANGELES, (CelebrityAccess) — Tom Hanks reprised his role as Robert Langdon in this weekend's top box office draw, Inferno, according to estimates compiled by comScore.
Inferno, produced by Sony Pictures, is the third installment in the series based on the Dan Brown novels and earned an estimated $50m in its opening weekend. The figure is doubly impressive as the film doesn't open in the US until Oct. 28th.
20th Century Fox's Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children held on to the #2 spot, earning an estimated $32.4M for the weekend while Warner Bros. The Accountant took the #3 spot, with an estimated weekend take of $27.5m.
The top 10 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, October 16, are below.
1. Inferno – Sony – $50.0M
2. Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children – 20th Century Fox – $32.4M
3. Accountant, The – Warner Bros. – $27.5M
4. Operation Mekong – Multiple – $21.0M
5. Girl On The Train, The – Multiple – $19.7M
6. Storks – Warner Bros. – $16.2M
7. BFG, The – Multiple – $13.5M
8. Luck-Key – Showbox / Mediaplex Inc. – $12.6M
9. Kevin Hart: What Now? – Universal – $12.0M
10. Bridget Jones's Baby – Universal – $10.7M